top of page

Remote learning support

Public·3 members

Download File Password.txt

The DownloadFile method can be used to download a remote file and store it to a specific location. If the ShowUI parameter is set to True, a dialog box is displayed showing the progress of the download and allowing users to cancel the operation. By default, existing files having the same name are not overwritten; if you want to overwrite existing files, set the overwrite parameter to True.

Download File password.txt

Do not make decisions about the contents of the file based on the name of the file. For example, the file Form1.vb may not be a Visual Basic source file. Verify all inputs before using the data in your application. The contents of the file may not be what is expected, and methods to read from the file may fail.

Use the DownloadFile method to download the file, specifying the target file's location as a string or URI and specifying the location at which to store the file. This example downloads the file WineList.txt from and saves it to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents:

Use the DownloadFile method to download the file, specifying the target file's location as a string or URI, specifying the location at which to store the file, and specifying the time-out interval in milliseconds (the default is 1000). This example downloads the file WineList.txt from and saves it to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents, specifying a time-out interval of 500 milliseconds:

Use the DownLoadFile method to download the file, specifying the target file's location as a string or URI and specifying the location at which to store the file, the user name, and the password. This example downloads the file WineList.txt from and saves it to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents, with the user name anonymous and a blank password.

I found a txt file on my computer labeled "passwords.txt" It is a long file of seemingly random and popular terms and a lot of vulgar terms. None of it seems to be personal information, but I definitely did not make this document full of thousands of terms, which to me looks like a list of password guesses or something like that. Does anyone know what this could be or found the same document? I copied a few lines of this text below:

I have found the same file, containing 25482 lines of text, most of them I never did or never would have written on any of my Apple devices, ever. I did not find any record matching any of my current or previous passwords. I would guess you're safe as long as this file doesn't contain anything that you're actually using as a passwords, and it's probably best to just delete this file. It's suspicious though.

I don't think this file was there before the Big Sur update, because after I had updated and tried opening Keychain after writing "pass" in Spotlight, this file showed up, not Keychain as my usual first suggestion.

Yeah I heard a lot about the passwords.txt just being something that chrome uses to prevent it users from making weak passwords or that the list is just compromised passwords so that the you do have a password in that list chrome can let you know. After finding passwords.txt I deleted it and then proceeding to reset my Mac. After downloading chrome, it came right back and it was in the application support files for google in the chrome folder. It really suspects I just deleted chrome to be safe.

I found the "passwords" .txt file as well as other .txt files with random male names, female names, surnames, and apparently common terms mined from American television shows. It's quite disturbing and suspicious that it was located in the "Application Support" folder for Chrome.

So "Chrome can let you know" really? The most advanced software giant in the world needs to put a text file containing profanity onto user's personal computers for their own protection? ... really? I'm sorry, but that is outrageous.

I immediately called Apple Support to question why these files were downloaded to my new laptop (purchased from the Certified Refurbished Mac Store). They could not provide any explanation, so I became suspicious and returned the computer, believing my security and identity to have been compromised. They did ship a 'clean' replacement laptop, and I began setting it up from clean state... however, when I downloaded Chrome from Safari and installed it, the same offending .txt files reappeared again. It is unlikely this is a coincidence, to be replicated on two completely different/new devices. Now I am concerned that it is not just a random issue on one laptop out of a million. The files are located in the exact same path, and the folder labeled "1" contains the same 6 text files, including 'passwords':

I have just discovered this passwords.txt file as well and am somewhat relieved, although also more shocked in a different way, that it's not just my computer. I have a 2015 PowerBook Pro running 10.15.4 Catalina. I just installed Chrome in September because there was one site I was using that wouldn't open properly on Safari. I think I'll uninstall it now that it seems related to that. Creepy.

Unfortunately there isn't any standard password database format. Every passwordmanager uses its own file format. Anyway, almost all support exporting to CSV or XMLfiles. This sounds good at first glance, but CSV and XML files aren't specialized passworddatabase formats, they only specify a low-level layout of the stored data (for CSV: data fieldsare separated by commas; for XML: hierarchical form using tags). These formats do notspecify the high-level arrangement of the data (for CSV: order/meaning of the fields; forXML: tag names and structure). Because of this, many users are confused when application #1exports data to CSV/XML and application #2 can't read the CSV/XML file, although it claimsthat it can read those files.

This help page details the expected CSV and XML file formats. Knowing the formats whichKeePass expects, you can reformat CSV and XML files exported by other password managers tomatch the KeePass formats. CSV files can be reformatted using e.g. LibreOffice Calc(see below).XML files can be reformatted using an XML editor.

KeePass can import many password database formats directly (see top of this page).Additionally, there are specialized KeePassplugins availablefor importing more formats (like AnyPassword CSV, Oubliette files, PINs TXT, ZSafe files,and many more). Using these plugins, you don't need to manually reformat the output ofother password managers; you can directly import the exported files.

The 'Account' field in a CSV file corresponds to the title field ofa KeePass entry, 'Login Name' corresponds to the user name,'Web Site' corresponds to the URL, and 'Comments' correspond to the notes.The CSV field names differ from the KeePass entry field namesin order to ensure the compatibility with certain other applications.

For a detailed example, download this file:FileSample_CSV.zip.This file is zipped only in order to ensure correct encoding (if not zipped, browsers ordownload managers could automatically convert the file to a different encoding). When importinga CSV file, it must not be zipped!

Microsoft Excel by default does not enclose fields in quotes (").It is recommended that you useLibreOffice Calcto create a correct CSV file (see below), or use the Generic CSV Importerof KeePass 2.x (import your CSV file into KeePass 2.x, then export the data to aKeePass 1.x KDB file), or fix the CSV file by manually adding the quotes using a text editor.

If you want to transfer data between KeePass 1.x databases, you mustnot change the default export options of KeePass.Do not export additional fields or uncheck any options, otherwiseKeePass will not be able to re-import the CSV file, because it does not comply to thespecification above any more.

You can download a detailed XML sample file here:FileSample_XML.zip.This file is zipped only in order to ensure correct encoding (if not zipped, browsers ordownload managers could automatically convert the file to a different encoding). When importinga XML file, it of course must not be zipped!

KeePass 2.x features a generic CSV importer.This tool can import almost all CSV formats. The CSVfiles are loaded and you can manually specify the encoding / character set, assign columnsto data fields, and specify how the low-level structure looks like (usage of quotes, etc.).

CodeWallet is a password manager that supports different card types (fields).KeePass cannot know which of the CodeWallet fields correspond to the KeePassstandard fields (title, user name, ...), because they don't have fixed names (language-dependent,user-customizable, ...).Therefore all fields from the CodeWallet file are imported into custom string fieldsof KeePass entries. After importing the file, you can move some of the stringsto the correct standard fields (by clicking the 'Move' button on the second tab pageof the entries dialog.

Warning! It is possible that the transfer fails and that KeePass accidentlyoverwrites your existing passwords in Steganos Password Manager. Therefore, back up yourSEF file before starting the import! In any case you should restore your passwords byrestoring the backup you just created after the import process! Even if you thinkKeePass hasn't changed anything, restore from the backup!

Unfortunately Steganos Password Manager (SPM) lacks any form of export functionality. As theSEF file format (in which the data is stored) is proprietary and no specificationis available, KeePass needs to try to get all the data out of the windows ofSPM.

Properties of the parent groups (icons, notes, auto-type settings, etc.)are exported, if the selected file format supports them.When importing a file, the properties of the groups in the current databasemay be overwritten by the properties of the groups in the file(depending on the import mode and the last modification times).

I'm getting a 401 when hitting below URL. The app password got only read permissions to Repository and I wonder if this is enough or the URL is correct. I can't use the RAW file as the URL to RAW version is changing unless there is URL to always get the RAW version of the file? 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page